Stephanie Weiter, Senior Manager
Mission Statement: The American Cancer Society is the nationwide voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives from cancer, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy and service.
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Information for resources in the community to which families of cancer patients can turn for help.
- Items to facilitate the care and comfort of cancer patients in the home.
- Support and Education Assistance: i.e., Reach to Recovery, for breast cancer patients.
- Support Groups: Referral to all cancer support groups for patients and families.
- Road To Recovery: Transportation for cancer patients to and from treatment. Call 1-877-227-1618 to schedule in advance.
- Look Good…Feel Better: A free program to help female cancer patients improve appearance and self image demonstrated by a certified cosmetologist.
- Hotel Partners: A program with participating lodging facilities to provide housing for patients while receiving outpatient treatment.
- Patient navigators to help patients deal with issues they may encounter such as insurance questions, transportation, and financial assistance.
Eligibility: All cancer patients. Education programs to any group
How to Apply: Call Toll Free 1-800-ACS-2345 (1-800-227-2345)
Funding: Private donations, various continuing fund raising events throughout the year