5375 SW 7th Street, Suite 300
Topeka, KS 66606 (m)
Phone: (785) 272-7056
Fax: (785) 272-2425
Mission Statement: Building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke. That single purpose drives all we do. The need for our work is beyond question.
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- AHA funds cardiovascular research
- Offers educational programs for the workplace, schools, healthcare sites, the community and other Cause Initiatives Programs such as Go Red for Women, Start!, and Alliance for a Healthier Generation. The AHA also sets standards and guidelines and coordinates certified training centers to teach CPR, including advanced cardiac life support.
- Aims to strengthen the chance of survival with early access to 911, early CPR, early defibrillation and early advanced care to save lives of cardiac arrest victims.
- American Stroke Association is a division of the AHA, www.strokeassociation.org
- Professional and public education materials range from scientific statements for health professionals to brochures on diet and exercise.
- Educational programs include: Search Your Heart / Conozca Su Corazon, a prevention program for African-Americans and Hispanic/Latinos.
- Power to End Stroke is an education and awareness campaign that embraces and celebrates the culture, energy, creativity and lifestyles of African Americans. It unites African Americans to help make an impact on the high incidence of stroke within the community. Yolanda King was the first National Ambassador for the Power to End Stroke campaign and passed away from cardiovascular disease shortly after being honored by the AHA.
Eligibility: Available to everyone
How to Apply: Call (785) 272-7056
Funding: Donations, memorials, bequests, special gifts and special events