Lynn Davis, Interim Executive Director
Mission Statement: To empower individuals with mental illness to function more independently in their social, living and working environments and to secure decent, safe and affordable housing for them in Shawnee County
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday : Clubhouse 8:00 am – 4 :00 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (closed Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Breakthrough House Clubhouse: (1201 Van Buren m) open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm: Provides peer interaction, daily group activities, occasional outings, and meals in a non – clinical setting. Members participating in settings policy and running the programs that focus on reestablishing themselves into society. Transportation to and from clubhouse is available for members. Meals are provided free for members. On thanksgiving. Christmas and Mondays, meals are free and also open to the community. Weekday meals are served at Noon. Holiday meals are served at 1:00 pm. Membership application can be picked up at the clubhouse. Call (785) 232-6960 for more information
- Housing: Breakthrough Residential Services offers the option of group home living or independent apartment living in Topeka.
- Reprehensive Payee Services: offers Payee Services under the authorization of the Social Security Administration and / or the Veterans Administration. All Payee consumers must have a mental illness diagnosis, be at least 18 years if age, and receiving either SSI, SSDI, Social Security Retirement or a VA pension.
- Eligibility: Persons residing in the Shawnee County area who have a mental illness diagnosis and are 18 years of age or older.
- How to Apply: Call Clubhouse (785) 232-6930, Residential (785) 232-6807, or Payee Services (785) 232-6807
- Fees: Breakthrough House Clubhouse – none. Payee services are $41.00 per month. Housing rates vary – please call.
- Funding: Mental Health Block Grant, Topeka / Shawnee County Social Services Grants and private donations