234 S Kansas Avenue
Topeka, KS 66603 (m)
Phone: (785) 233-6300
Fax: (785) 233-7234
Cathy Lyon, Regional Director of Program Operations
Mission Statement: As a faith-based organization, we are inspired by God’s love and compassion to provide unconditional love and necessary help to people of all faiths by stabilizing and strengthening individuals and families in need across the 21 counties of Northeast Kansas.
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
- Emergency Assistance: food, rent, utilities, transitional housing, and counseling
- La Luz Center for Immigration Legal Assistance: for more information contact Greg Bole, firstname.lastname@example.org (913) 621-1504
- Refugee and Migrant Services. For more information contact email@example.com, (913) 621-5255
- Residential Services for children: Foster care for children and adolescents with MR/DD
- Adoption Services: Parent support, adoption services, counseling and referrals to community resources.
- DADS: Curriculum-based guidance groups for targeted groups of fathers, anger management, Practical Parenting Program.
- Friendly Visitors and Ring-a-Day: Support for elderly through visitations and phone calls. Transportation available 7 days a week, depending on availability of volunteers, for Dr’s. appointment, pharmacy and grocery. Call 5 days in advance (if possible) to schedule transportation, (785) 233-6300 ext 1313
- Marriage for Keeps classes (In Spanish only at this time)
Eligibility: Call for information about various programs
How to Apply: Call (785) 233-6300
Fees: Free to fee, depending on program
Funding: United Way of Greater Topeka, Archdiocese of Kansas City, fees, donations, Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging, Shawnee County, grants, Department for Children and Families, and Medicaid.