Lisa Cain, Executive Director
Mission Statement: With the assistance of faith-based organizations, community members and groups, Doorstep, Inc. will provide short-term emergency aid to families and individuals in need; and provide information on services to promote long-term self-sufficiency for our clients.
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Client Service Hours: 9:00 am – 1:45 pm, Monday – Friday
- Food Bank: 9:00 am to 1:45 pm, Monday – Friday
- Clothing Bank: 9:00 am to 1:45 pm, Once every 30 days
- Emergency Assistance: utility, prescription, dental, transportation, and rent assistance
- The Dovetail Shoppe, 1196 SW Washburn (m), (785) 234-3004, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Thursday – Saturday. Donations accepted.
- Start-Up Program for single parents
- Wellness Clinic – Baker University, 9:00 am – 11:00 am Thursdays.
- Department for Children and Families Access Point
Eligibility: Available to everyone
How to Apply: Call for information or apply in person. Social Security card is required for all members of the household.
Fees: No fees for programs
Funding: Member congregations, community donations, special events, trusts, grants, City of Topeka, Shawnee County and the United Way of Greater Topeka.