120 SE 6th Avenue, Suite 110
Topeka, KS 66603 (m)
Phone: (785) 231-6000
Fax: (785) 231-6075
Glenda Washinton, Vice-President,EMBD
Mission Statement: To provide Small Business Technical Assistance, Educational Programs and Small Business Seminar Series to empower small, low to moderate income, minority and women owned business enterprises with the knowledge and resources to build wealth and contribute to the economic betterment of Topeka and Shawnee County.
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Thursday; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Friday
- FastTrac New Venture Program is a flexible, 8 week course supporting aspiring entrepreneurs from ideas to concept stage. During this eight week training program New Venture students learn how to set realistic financial goals, explore product services, fine their target markets and competitive advantages, define company brands, manage business functions and determine the steps to profitability.
- FastTrac Growth Venture is an 8 week course with a proven framework to help established efficiency. This course is targeted specifically for entrepreneurs who have experience running their business, focusing on the issues they need to grow their business. Subjects covered are, analyzing current business situation, identifying the best growth opportunities, determining models for growth, learning the operations system needed to support a growing business, improving profitability and financial performance and implementing revised business plan.
- Other EMBD Programs: Blue Ribbon Academy- Lunch Box Series, Breakfast Buzz, Small Business Awards, Women of Influence Award
- One-on-One Technical Assistance– Free counseling opportunities to take a hands-on approach to provide comprehensive services to business owners and entrepreneurs looking to start growth or expand their Topeka/Shawnee County based businesses.
- Topeka/Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund– A loan program for Shawnee County residents to assist businesses in need of working capital for expenses such as inventory, purchase fixed assets and carry out building construction or capital improvements
How to Apply: (785) 231-6000 or http://www.GoTopeka.com/events
Fees: Varies, based upon program
Funding: Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce, and private contributions