200 SW Frazier Circle
Topeka, KS 66606 (m)
Phone: (785) 232-2044
Toll Free: 1-800 491-3691
Fax: (785) 232-5567
Mission Statement: Meeting individual needs through innovative healthcare solutions.
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- All grief counseling sessions are provided by licensed master-level social workers, art and music therapists and other professionals who have extensive experience working with grief and loss issues.
- Adult groups provide education about the grief process, an opportunity to share experiences, and the chance to discover ways to help oneself and loved ones journey through grief.
- Children’s groups use stories, craft projects, activities and sharing to help children understand death, learn to recognize and express their feelings, and commemorate the person they have lost. Groups are offered several times a year.
- Individual counseling is available for adults, children and families who are struggling to cope with grief.
- “Hearts of Hope” camps for children ages 7-15 who are coping with the loss of a loved one. The camp is open to all children, regardless of the circumstance. A special weekend overnight camp for children is held at Camp Hammond every September.
- Surviving the Holidays is offered in early November providing opportunities for participants to create new traditions and cope with the holiday season.
- Book Discussion and expressive art groups are offered to interested individuals on a regular basis.
Eligibility: All grief programs are open to the public
How to Apply: Call (785) 232-2044. Support groups grief brochures are also available to the public free of charge. Speakers for your group are available upon request.
Fees: Grief and loss, art, and book discussion groups are free of charge. Other services are on sliding scale. Scholarships for “Hearts of Hope” camps are available based on need.
Funding: Grief and loss services are supported in part by contributions for the Mike McDonnell Memorial Golf Tournament, and through other fundraisers and donations.