New England Building
503 S Kansas Avenue
Topeka, Kansas 66603-3404 (m)
Phone: (785) 296-4986
TTY: (785) 291-3167
Toll Free: (800) 432-3535
Fax: (785) 296-0256
Kari Bruffett, Secretary
Mission Statement: The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services mission is to foster an environment that promotes security, dignity and independence for all Kansans.
Vision: The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services envisions a community that empowers Kansas’ older adults and persons with disabilities to make choices about their lives.
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Health Occupations Credentialing, at 612 S Kansas (m) Ave Walk-in Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services is responsible for overseeing and administering Older American’s Act programs
- Administration of Medicaid long-term care programs
- Survey and certification for adult care homes
- Behavioral health programs
- Administration of home- and community-based services for older adults and persons with disabilities
- The management and oversight of four state hospitals for the mentally ill and individuals with development disabilities
Eligibility: Varies. Please visit www.kdads.ks.gov for more information. Some programs require financial and functional eligibility.
How to Apply: Information and referral is available by phone. Applications and assessments for in-home services are made through the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). You can reach the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 855-200-ADRC (2372)
Fees: Vary by program
Funding: State and Federal money and grants fund programs and services. Individuals may be asked to help pay for some services, based on need