Mende Barnett, Program Director
Mission Statement: To reduce the death, injury and property loss due to child fire play and juvenile arson fires in Kansas.
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
- Referral services for child fire setters and their families / caregivers
- Resources – including Loaner Library
- Professional Development – education/training for professionals / community partners on juvenile fire setting, fire safety and burn injury prevention
- Local community coalition building
- Curriculum packages / materials Preschool to High School
Eligibility: Anyone needing information, resources, and education or referral services can contact the program for assistance. Local jurisdictions, often under the direction of the local fire department may have programs to offer dependent upon the area of the state.
How to Apply: Contact Elena Nuss (785) 296-3403
Fees: No cost
Funding: State services are funded by Some local fire departments and other community partners support local efforts. Federal grants and supporting funds are often available to support state and local programs.