Eileen Doran, Executive Director
Mission Statement: TARC enhances the lives of people affected by intellectual, developmental and related disabilities through commitment to excellence in service, support and advocacy.
Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- To enhance the quality of life for individuals that TARC supports by providing and capturing moments of joy through personal growth, continued education, recreation, volunteerism and support groups
- Senior Services: To provide services that enhances the quality of life experiences by building onto a foundation that encourages and promotes respect, individuality, integrity and independence
- Provides employment opportunities to adults with developmental and related disabilities. Opportunities exist at TARC and at community job sites. TARC Industries provides vocational training while allowing the adult to earn a wage. Offers community job development, coaching and skill development training
- Case Management: Provides support to children and adults who have been determined eligible for services by the Community Developmental Disabilities Organization. Case Managers assist in the development of a Person Centered Support Plan that identifies what the individual wants to achieve and what lifestyle they want to live. The service is paid for by Medicaid or through a sliding fee scale
- TARC Children’s Services
- Self-determination: Provide individuals, guardians and /or families the opportunity to choose the supports that will meet an individual’s lifestyle. The program allows for more control over funds the individual receives from the state
- Shawnee County Community Developmental Disability Organization
Eligibility: Those with developmental/related disabilities
How to Apply: Call (785) 232-0597 for more information
Fees: Sliding scale
Funding: Federal and state funding through Kansas Department for Children and Families, Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Kansas Department of Education, and Kansas Department of Transportation.