Gina Millsap, Chief Executive Officer
Mission Statement: Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library: Your place, Stories you want. Information you need. Connections you seek.
Hours: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm, Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday
12:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Sunday
- Offers public services for adults, young adults and children including books, video cassettes, DVDs, audio-cassettes, compact discs, public computers with internet access, magazines, newspapers, pamphlets, picture files, and photocopiers.
- Bookmobiles: Convenient neighborhood and county service.
- Computers and programs offered at Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Community Centers (Central Park, Crestview, Garfield, Hillcrest, Oakland, and Rice community centers.
- Talking Books Services: Reading materials and equipment furnished to play recorded books or magazines. (785) 580-4545.
- Red Carpet Library Service (785) 580-4545 TTY (785) 580-4544.
- Community Information Service (785) 580-5666: Provides information about community agencies and services to residents of Topeka and Shawnee County.
- Meeting Rooms: Fifteen meeting rooms are available for public use. Contact the Event Coordinator at (785) 580-4495.
- Collections: 500,000+ books, films, music for all ages.
- Programs: Story times, concerts and live performances, events for all ages.
Eligibility: Any Topeka and Shawnee County resident. Reciprocal library privileges to those living in the Northeast Kansas 14-county area.
How to Apply: Apply at the main library and bookmobiles or online at www.tscpl.org
Funding: Local property tax, private philanthropy